We Smell Fall!
With falling leaves, baggy sweaters, trick or treaters, and of course the smell of PUMPKIN SPICE….it can only mean one thing! Fall is here! We love baggy sweaters and scarfs that accessorize those baby bumps not to mention light layering helps with the hot flashes. Comfort food is another perfect perk to the autumn season. This means soups, chili, lasagna, etc are all great dishes that you can make and freeze for after baby is here. We have decided to share with you our favorite fall soup!
If you have been to Olive Garden then you have probably had this before, but if not, you are in for a treat!
*NOTE: All pork items can be substituted for turkey products for same deliciousness!
Makes: 6-8 servings
1 lb ground Italian sausage
1½ tsp crushed red peppers
1 large diced white onion
4 Tbsp bacon pieces
2 tsp garlic puree
10 cups water
5 cubes of chicken bouillon
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
¼ of a bunch of kale
1. Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic over low-medium heat for approximately 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
3. Add chicken bouillon and water to the pot and heat until it starts to boil.
4. Add the sliced potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
5. Add the heavy cream and just cook until thoroughly heated.
6. Stir in the sausage and the kale, let all heat through and serve.